Hello and Happy Friday!
Welcome to another edition of Fabulous Foodie Fridays. Last week we had an amazing array of 40+ recipes linked up – Thank you! Some of my favourites from last week included:
These Mini Vege Hot Dogs from vegeTARAian would be perfect for the kids – and adults too!
I like to mix it up when it comes to my breakfast choices, and I can’t wait to try these Honey Roasted Figs with Pistachio and Yoghurt created by the very talented Pretty Mayhem.
This Blueberry Pavlova created by the lovely Peregrination Gourmande looks like the perfect dessert for my next celebration.
Don’t forget to pop over to Bake Play Smile to see some more of my picks from last week!
Whenever I see a chocolate cake recipe which is a little different to ones I have made in the past, I can’t help but give it a go. I came across this recipe for Rich Chocolate Cake in an old football club cookbook and was intrigued by the addition of raspberry jam to the recipe.
The boys were eager as always to help me out in the kitchen, however I think they had an ulterior motive as they seemed to be more interesting in taste testing and licking spoons and the bowl than actually putting the cake together. They lost all interest in the activity once the cake went into the oven, however once it was removed and I began making the icing, their interest in what I was doing quickly returned.
This cake is indeed quite rich, and a small slice was enough to satisfy me. While I really enjoyed the chocolate buttercream on top, I’m thinking next time I make it I will try adding a layer of raspberry jam and whipped cream to the centre – yum!
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!