Welcome to the first November edition of Fabulous Foodie Fridays! We hope you have all had a wonderful week and have been having lots of fun in the kitchen creating some of the amazing recipes we had linked up last week.
1. I can’t go past a cheesecake recipe, especially one which looks as cute and delicious as these Mini Blueberry and Maple Baked Cheesecakes from Boiled Eggs and Soldiers.
2. I’m a huge fan of coconut and I just love the addition of different coconut ingredients to this Banana Bread from Peachy Keen Mumma.
3. Who doesn’t love a three ingredient recipe – especially one as amazing as these Chocolate and Salted Caramel Cookie Sandwiches from VegeTARAian
4. This Lemon Crumble Cake from Zamamabakes was one of the most popular recipes from last weeks party – have you made it yet?
5. Rounding out my top five are these delicious Vegetable Rolls from I Spy Plum Pie – the perfect vegetarian alternative to sausage rolls!
Don’t forget to visit Bake Play Smile and check out Lucy’s picks!
This week I’m sharing a recipe for an Italian Sausage and Broccoli Pasta Bake – an easy, delicious and most importantly, toddler approved dinner idea.
Recently I was sent a selection of Barilla products to try and have some fun with – including a jar of their new family size pasta sauce. Even before I made this recipe, I knew it would be a hit with my carb and sausage loving boys. This recipe is really simple to put together and I mean REALLY simple! The hardest part is removing the sausage meat from the cases, and even then I simply made a hole at one end and squeezed the meat out. My little helper also assisted with this and thought it was hilarious to see the meat falling out the end.
I like that this is one of those meals you can put together and be sitting down to enjoy it all within an hour – especially important when you have a couple of cranky and hungry toddlers at your feet.
This recipe is also versatile – don’t have any broccoli? Use Eggplant, Cauliflower or another vegetable that’s in season.
You will need:
300g of Barilla Fusilli Pasta
1 jar (575g) of Barilla Cheese and Tomato Pasta Bake Sauce
650g of italian sausages – outer casing removed
2 garlic cloves – crushed
1 tablespoon of dried mixed herbs
2 heads of broccoli, cut into small florets
120g of fresh parmesan cheese – finely grated
80 ml of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Let’s put it together:
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil.
Remove the sausages from their cases, and cut into small pieces.
Heat the oil, herbs and garlic in a frying pan, add the sausage meat and cook for 5 minutes.
While the sausage meat is cooking, add the pasta and after 5 minutes, add the cut up broccoli.
Drain the pasta just before it’s completely cooked.
In a large oven proof dish, combine the pasta, broccoli, pasta sauce and half the grated cheese. Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving – enjoy!