Cherry Ripe Balls

As much as I try to stick to my shopping list (and budget) when doing our grocery shopping, always sometimes I just can’t resist an impulse buy.  I regularly get sucked in by the bright and colourful displays at the end of the aisles, telling myself it would be crazy not to buy the latest products and I’m really saving money buying items on special.  So it was no surprise I succumbed to a recent special on chocolate bars , Cherry Ripes in particular – and when they just 90 cents each – who could blame me?

The Cherry Ripes sat patiently in our pantry for a week before I noticed one had disappeared and knew I needed to make something with them quickly.  While flicking through an old recipe book I came across a recipe for rumballs, and straight away I knew I had to try and make Cherry Ripe Balls.

Cherry Ripe Balls Feature Pic

I was certainly not disappointed with how these turned out, they tasted great and it was very hard to try and stop at just one!

Cherry Ripe Balls

Prep time

Cook time

Total time

Author:
Recipe type: Sweet Treats
Serves: 24

Ingredients
  • 1 x 395g tin of condensed milk
  • 1 packet of Marie biscuits
  • 2 tablespoons of cocoa
  • ¼ cup of desiccated coconut plus extra to roll them in
  • 3 x 52g Cherry Ripe bars – roughly chopped

Instructions
  1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and using a metal spoon, stir until  combined.
  2. Using a tablespoon, scoop out mixture and using your hands, shape into balls.
  3. Roll the balls in the extra coconut, place on a plate and then simply pop them into the fridge to set.

Cherry Ripe Balls 1

Enjoy!

Do you have any willpower when it comes to chocolate?

What is your favourite chocolate bar?

17 comments on Cherry Ripe Balls

1. Simone
    August 19, 2014 at 1:29 pm (11 months ago)

These look very yummy. I am going to get the ingredients for these so I can make them on the weekend x

2. vegeTARAian
    August 19, 2014 at 5:24 pm (11 months ago)

Yum, this is GENIUS!! Like you, I can’t resist when goodies are on sale. I have two boxes of Oreo’s waiting to be used…

3. Shannon @ Oh Creative Day
    August 19, 2014 at 8:10 pm (11 months ago)

That’s definitely a part of my Father’s Day present sorted then! Thank you xx

• laurenm83
      August 21, 2014 at 7:50 pm (11 months ago)

Glad I’ve been able to help you :)

4. Grace
    August 20, 2014 at 3:51 pm (11 months ago)

I know this sounds crazy…but I’m not a big Cherry Ripe fan. Cherry Ripes and Turkish Delights – a big no from me. However. I see coconut. Lotsa coconut. That might make it work :) x

• Lauren @ Create Bake Make
      August 21, 2014 at 4:29 pm (11 months ago)

I’m with you on the Turkish Delight, I’ve never been a fan of it. You could try these with any other chocolate, or just leave it out if you want to be good!

5. The Hungry Mum
    August 20, 2014 at 7:33 pm (11 months ago)

*sings* These are a few of my favourite things….
    Cherry Ripes are my drug of choice so I WILL be trying these :)

6. Deb H
    August 22, 2014 at 10:08 am (11 months ago)

Would be great for the “bring a plate or dessert” brigade.

7. Sammie
    August 22, 2014 at 8:24 pm (11 months ago)

Now, I’m not a big fan of Cherry Ripe per se, but these look super yummy. I bet the only problem with these babies is that they taste too goo. By the way, if you don’t want to eat your Turkish Delight, give it to me, I love it!

8. Mums Take Five
    August 22, 2014 at 10:27 pm (11 months ago)

I love Cherry Ripe anything :) In a ball i think i would eat too many! probably all of them actually :)
    Thanks for sharing with Sunday Brunch lovely xx

9. Emma Fahy Davis
    August 23, 2014 at 10:18 pm (11 months ago)

Oh I am soooo making these! I have a couple of tins of condensed milk in the pantry, it’s the perfect excuse to indulge in some Cherry Ripes…

10. Hope
    August 29, 2014 at 9:34 pm (11 months ago)

Yum yum yum. I am soo making these for fathers day. My dad loves cherry ripe!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Cherry Ripe Balls

1. […] a few different recipes, like this Clinker Slice from Lucy at Bake Play Smile, or maybe these Cherry Ripe Balls from Lauren at Create Make Bake and I even trawled through the Dessert board on my Pinterest […]